[wplug] RH - XP dual boot - write error on VFAT from RH

Andreas Rindler arindler at cmu.edu
Fri Mar 7 00:45:43 EST 2003

Tim,
you are right. the issue is to read/write to the VFAT partition.

i tested for root and non-root. there is no difference. there only seems
to be a difference whether i write to a windows pre-defined folder (like
My Documents...) or not. and, it varies whether i try to create a folder
when using the explorer (Konqueror) or whether i try it from within an
application (let's say i want to save a txt document as a .doc file from
KWrite. i say save as, try to make a new folder...and it doesn't work)
andi

Andreas Rindler <arindler at cmu.edu>