[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest This Saturday March 8th 10am-5pm

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Thu Mar 6 22:41:54 EST 2003

> Uh, curiousity question... how much of my computer would I need to bring?
> Just the box, or should I bring keyboard, mouse, etc.?

Pretty much everything you need to run it.  keyboard, monitor, mouse,
computer, plus appropriate cords.  If you have a spare floppy or two,
bring that (there have been a couple of times someone needed to do a
floppy boot, but there wasn't a floppy disk handy) If you want to hook
the computer up to the LAN, then bring a network cable (and a network
card, of course :-).  There are couple power strips there, but it'd be
good to bring your own.  There's a cart available for lugging stuff
to/from vehicles.

Also, if you're wanting to install onto a computer that has useful
data on it, making a backup is a good idea.  I'm not a windows guy, so
I can't comment on whether running the defragmenter beforehand is
advised.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "When she [Ivanova] tells what she knows, Garibaldi can be seen
   rolling his eyes up 'innocently,' kind of a 'Who -- me?' look.  I think
   this lends weight to the noogie theory."  -- Jonathan Reid