[wplug] RH - XP dual boot - write error on VFAT from RH

Andreas Rindler arindler at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 6 16:14:09 EST 2003

Hey,
I am a Linux newbie...just installed Red Hat 8.0 on my IBM Thinkpad,
dual boot with XP.I made a VFAT partition for data that i wanted to
access from both Linux and XP. Whereas i have no problems on the windows
side, i only have read access from Linux. in some folder i seem to have
write and read access, but it is not consistent. in folders that are
created by msft by default (my documents, my music etc.), i do only have
read access.
does anyone have an idea what could be going on??

appreciate any help,

--
Andreas Rindler <arindler at cmu.edu>