[wplug] packet loss

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Tue Mar 4 12:24:05 EST 2003

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 11:59, Russ Schneider wrote:
> <snip>
>> The only thing I can think of is that somehow, the OS is thinking it
>> has to send out a signal twice, once for the ppp and once for the
>> eth.  But to be honest, I'm clueless.
>
> Hmm what does route -n show? And have you checked for an updated
> driver for your card? (the eepro100 driver, for instance, was updated
> recently)

	If you have an Intel NIC and relatively current kernel I strongly
suggest using Intel drivers over the eepro100:
for 10/100
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U5E741EA3

and / or

for GigE
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G3D721EA3

...sorry for the mile long URLs, but I've not found an easier way to find
this stuff on Intel's site - so I just bookmark the searches.
Don