[wplug] The penguin is in flight.

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sat Mar 1 20:04:44 EST 2003

I repeat, the penguin is in flight..
er.. we moved the web server aka penguin.wplug.org. :)

The server is currently at roost in its new home at CMU's School of
Computer Science's Server room where it gets clean power and a nice view
of the room. I met some of his neighbor servers and they seem like nice
guys. I think he'll be happy in his new home.

I dont' want to mention any names, so I'll use userids, but someone named
jo2y forgot to lower the DNS cache timeouts in advance, so it could take
up 24 hours for the IP address change to propagate. If you're still can't
access the website on Sunday evening, send me private email and I'll see
if I can figure out the issue.
If you're dieing to see the webpage and dns isn't working, try this:
http://128.2.194.8/

Assuming this message gets through, it means the mailing lists are also
working.

Report any strangeness related to the server to admin at wplug.org, and any
cool stories of non-server related strangeness to jo2y at midnightlinux.com.
:)