[wplug] PKG_CONFIG_PATH in ./configure?

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 08:55:38 EDT 2003

Ah, but that's the problem - /usr/lib/pkgconfig already exists and is
populated with other files.  A better version of what you're doing would
probably go like this

1. move everything from /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to /usr/lib/pkgconfig
2. delete /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
3. create the symbolic link

This way the two directories will include everything and remain the same
in the future.   The only danger is that you may overwrite a file with
something that was intended to only be local, but generally you'll know
what you're doing if you are trying to create local versions of packages.

The ideal solution is probably just to track down and edit the pkgconfig
path to include both directories, but my solution was faster and
sufficient for my needs.

Bryon

http://www.livejournal.com/~bryguypgh