[wplug] PKG_CONFIG_PATH in ./configure?

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Sun Jun 29 09:45:25 EDT 2003

I'm trying to install Ardour and I run into the following sometimes when
I run configure and I'm not sure what to do about it:

[begin]

checking for lrdf >= 0.3.0... Package lrdf was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lrdf.pc'
No package 'lrdf' found

  configure: error: Library requirements (lrdf >= 0.3.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

[end]

lrdf.pc is in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

But I'm not sure how to adjust the "PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment".

I tried (don't laugh):
./configure --PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

and then I tried looking in the configure file itself for
PKG_CONFIG_PATH but didn't see it in there.

How do I point the configure process to that directory to find that file?

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com

Latest track: