[wplug] Linux Sound: Just tried Gnusound

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Thu Jun 26 17:38:49 EDT 2003

Just tried, at the suggestion of a fellow wpluger, Gnusound.

Gnusound was the first multi-track recorder I tried for linux and I must
say I like it.  It's light and does the trick.  By the looks of it,
Linux sound capabilities will be VERY good very soon.

I have NOT gotten pluggins to work however, but I'll keep working on that.

I spent maybe an hour on Gnucash before I recorded the following, trying
to throw 2 guitar parts over some programmed drums, bass, etc I
programmed on my Yamamha RM1x MIDI box:

http://candidate.zhrodague.net/~russ/experiment1.ogg

It's only about a minute long, but it shows how fast someone can get
going with Gnusound.  (Please excuse the sloppy guitar work.) :)

screen shot: http://candidate.zhrodague.net/~russ/sound_screen.png

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com