[wplug] Microsoft Word 2002 sucks

Kramer, James M - MSHA Kramer.James at dol.gov
Tue Jun 24 17:17:05 EDT 2003

Excuse me for venting.  My organization recently upgraded to Window 2000 and
Word 2002.  Word 2002 sucks.  Its logic of operation is so convoluted that
it is driving me insane.  This morning I finished a simple technical report
with a few pages of text and several figures at the end.  The document would
not print-It kept hanging.  It keeps trying to recover an older version of
the document.  Prior to this, I emailed a copy of the document to people in
my group.  When you try to open the document, it asks the question do you
want to save changes to the original.  This software is excessively
complicated.  All I want do is type a simple research paper not publish the
Encyclopedia Britannia to the web.  I sure hope that Open Office does not
try to incorporate all the bells and whistles that Word 2002 has.  It is way
over designed.  I was perfectly happy with the excessively designed Word 97.
I spent the entire afternoon trying to print the document.  I need to come
in tomorrow and try again.  What a Royal waste of time.  Thank you for
letting me vent
Jay