[wplug] jre for compiling mindterm

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 14:37:09 EDT 2003

--- John Harrold <jmh17 at pitt.edu> wrote:
> Sometime in June J Aaron Farr assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>

> | I'm not familar with mindterm, but I am familar with java.  Have you tried
> | downloading and using the normal sun JDK (http://java.sun.com)?
> |
> | Perhaps you could send me the make file?  (Is it make or ant?)
>
> it's a makefile:
>
> http://sage.che.pitt.edu/~harrold/tmp/Makefile

Looks like you need javamake (Unless you already have it):

http://www.experimentalstuff.com/Technologies/JavaMake/javamake.html

The make file wants it at /opt/java/javamake.jar

If it's still giving you trouble, you might want to download a linux JDK from
Sun (java.sun.com).  Install it (probably in /opt/java or /usr/local/java) and
then create an environmental variable $JAVA_HOME (this is pretty standard for
java development).  You can then set the "JPATH" parameter in the make file to
your $JAVA_HOME.

FYI: Sun's JDK is free, but not open source.

Even still, looks like you'll need that javamake.jar if you want to use this
make file.  Alternatively someone could write an ant script for it, but I
wouldn't have time to do that for a couple days.

Good luck.

jaaron