[wplug] jre for compiling mindterm

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Tue Jun 24 14:30:12 EDT 2003

Sometime in June J Aaron Farr assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I'm not familar with mindterm, but I am familar with java.  Have you tried
| downloading and using the normal sun JDK (http://java.sun.com)?
|
| Perhaps you could send me the make file?  (Is it make or ant?)

it's a makefile:

http://sage.che.pitt.edu/~harrold/tmp/Makefile

| --- John Harrold <jmh17 at pitt.edu> wrote:
| > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
| > .opt.java.javamake.jar
| [snip]
| > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.NoClassDefFoundError(java.lang.String)
| > (/usr/lib/./libgcj.so.3)
| >    at 0x402ad075: gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/./libgcj.so.3)
| >    at 0x4024fc4c: _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/./libgcj.so.3)
| >    at 0x4021c8ac: _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const,
| > boolean) (/usr/lib/./libgcj.so.3)
| >    at 0x08048910: ?? (??:0)
| >    at 0x42015574: __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc.so.6)
| >    at 0x080486c1: ?? (??:0)
| > make: *** [mindterm.pdb] Error 1
| >

| if gcj can't find java.lang.String then you're classpath (library path) is not
| set up correctly at all.  I can't help much more without the build file itself.
|
| What's mindterm?

mindterm is an ssh terminal that runs from the webbrowser. if you're bored
here's the source:

http://www.appgate.com/mindterm/MindTerm-2.3.1/mindterm_2.3.1-src.zip

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E