[wplug] sony dsc-s75

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Tue Jun 24 10:07:53 EDT 2003

John M. Rocker wrote:
> Has any one tried to connect a Sony dsc-s75 to a Mandrake 9.x system?  I
> am using the usb cable and I can't see the camera on the system.  Is
> there a driver or something that i need to install before this will
> work.  The camera is not in gphoto either.

When I connect my camera to Mandrake 9.1 (or 8.2) I mount it like this:

[root]# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

(after mkdir /mnt/camera)

see what your camera show up as in /dev.  It could be sda1 if you have
nothing else like it.

Also, make sure you have sg module running: lsmod lists them.  If not,
type insmod sg.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com