[wplug] System admin book

Brian S. Woolstrum woolstrum at cmu.edu
Sun Jun 22 21:32:28 EDT 2003

Yes, it is possible for a linux machine to mount
directories that samba is sharing out.  You can do it at
the command line with something like:

mount -t smbfs -o username=tridge,password=foobar //fjall/test /data/test

or an entry in fstab like:

//myserver/myshare      /home/mine/mnt  smbfs   noauto,user,username=me,password 0 0

A nice graphical client is LinNeighborhood, which can be
found at

http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/