[wplug] Mail server question - not dumb ;-p

John Strange john at strangeness.org
Thu Jun 19 17:31:57 EDT 2003

Hmm...

I'm not sure but does the mail function connect to the port 25?  By
default the newer versions of redhat only listens on 127.0.0.1 by
default from the install.

I'm not sure if the mail() function in php does a socket, or just dumps
the file out to the local mail queue, but I would assume socket so that
it doesn't care what SMTP it is long as it's RFC happy.

Try connecting localhost as a test..

- John