[wplug] new kid in town(open office)

Shawn Henderson shawn at internetprovidersinc.com
Wed Jun 18 02:23:12 EDT 2003

I actually think open office is the better solution for users comming
off of windows. I have been watching the users the last 2 days and I
think the problem comes from the constant lock ups that windows gave
them. Let me explain:
The pc's are not the greatest in here. With windows xp and 98 the boxes
would constanly lockup and have to be restarted. It was taken as normal.
In order to confirm that the winbox had locked up they would click and
peck the keyboard constantly till it didnt react. This is the same thing
going on now. Since they dont quite yet have the grasp of it they
constantly click because they dont see the hourglass. So if it doesnt
lock up they get 20 open office sessions open.When it does lock up I
hear how much better there winboxes were as they cry on there keyboards
over lost windows applications.
Thanks for the ideas I think Im gonna like it here.