[wplug] telnet for email

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Tue Jun 17 14:27:16 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, John Harrold wrote:
> yeah, but i really love mutt. though i've thought about setting
> squirrelmail up for my advisor and the other people in the lab. and it
> would be more convenient when there is no ssh available.

I actually have both set up.  I almost always ssh home and use pine but if
I need to (ssh isn't available), I can get to my mail via Squirrelmail
over ssl.  It's good because they both use the same folders (Sent in Pine
is the same Sent I see in Squirrelmail)... the only downside is once I
read my mail in squirrelmail, I need to restart pine (two IMAP clients
accessing one mailbox simultaneously doesn't work well I guess so the
mailbox gets closed on pine).  Not a big deal though.  Not sure about how
Mutt stores its folders but you could check into it.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>