[wplug] new kid in town

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Mon Jun 16 16:31:21 EDT 2003

On 16 Jun 2003, Shawn Henderson wrote:

> Although Open Office is really a hog and keeps locking up the PC's. Are
> there any ideas on a windoze compatible office suite that is kinda lean.
> I know star office but to complex of a learning curve for these users
> and kde office is just not good enough yet. Any help would be

Isnt' OpenOffice just the free version of StarOffice?  I'm not sure the
learning curve would be any different.

FWIW, I use OpenOffice all the time on my 1Ghz machines and it runs
fine... not horribly slow, no locking up.  It has issues importing some
(complex) MS Office files but what do you expect when you need to reverse
engineer the file formats?

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>