[wplug] computer use for the young

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Jun 13 15:57:15 EDT 2003

Teodorski, Chris wrote:
> Personally, I've found this whole thread very
> amusing....although I do tend to agree with Don's comments
> regarding the tire iron.  Unrestricted, uncontrolled access
> to television and the Internet by children is absolutely a bad idea.
	But a child instilled with strong values and (egad!) morals should
theoretically be safe just about anywhere.  One of my sisters was able to it
with 4 kids. Thanks to the tutelage of the parents, the kids made the
appropriate choices in life.

	If you (and I mean "you" as a generalization) think that removing
the Internet (or TV) from your home solves any but limited "exposure issues"
you're sadly mistaken - unless, of course, you plan to control your kid 24x7
and never let him/her enter a store, a school, a library, or a "fiends"
home.  Lots of folks do try this, and you occasionally hear of them on the
news when they get busted for having a kid locked in a closet or chained to
a basement wall.

	It's easier to put on slippers than it is to carpet the world.....
Don