[wplug] Software install issues

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri Jun 13 11:17:57 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Russ Schneider wrote:
>          libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by snd-6-9
> Am I basically screwed unless I upgrade to 9.1?  How much of a pain
> would it be to track down and install all dependencies required (if
> possible)?

It's possible you already have the libraries you need, just older
versions. For example, I can't imagine a recent machine without libc.so.6,
but you probably have the glibc 2.2. If you can find the src.rpm, I would
try rpmbuild --rebuild snd???.src.rpm and then try installing the
resulting rpms. (Probably placed in /usr/src/mandrake/RPMS/?)

-james