[wplug] Software install issues

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Fri Jun 13 10:56:45 EDT 2003

Someone here mentioned a program called Snd for me (a sound editor).

I looked for an RPM and found ones available for Mandrake 9.1 (I use 8.2).

So basically...

[root at dell local]# rpm -ivh *rpm
error: failed dependencies:
         libXm.so.3   is needed by snd-6-9
         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by snd-6-9
         libguile-ltdl.so.1   is needed by snd-6-9
         libguile.so.12   is needed by snd-6-9

Am I basically screwed unless I upgrade to 9.1?  How much of a pain
would it be to track down and install all dependencies required (if
possible)?