[wplug] up2date replacement

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Jun 12 23:04:34 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, John Harrold wrote:

> i know it's not the same thing, but have you tried apt4rpm?
>
> i use it in our lab and it works really well.

How big is your lab? I know we have a few hundred machines to manage at my
job, and Jonathan has many many more.

The up2date server allows you to push[1] updates out to clients which is
much easier to deal with that than apt's pull method. I think it also
allows you to keep a listing of machines, and groups and stuff.

-james

[1] I know this isn't exactly true, but just deal with it.