[wplug] up2date replacement

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Jun 12 22:38:25 EDT 2003

Sometime in June Jonathan S. Billings assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| http://current.tigris.org/ -- Current is an open-source implementation
| of an up2date server.
|
| A coworker of mine pointed this out to me, I'm planning on setting it
| up on a machine tomorrow.  Has anyone played around with this?  It
| looks like it'd be a good thing for us, because we want control over
| the packages installed on our systems.

i know it's not the same thing, but have you tried apt4rpm?

http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/

i use it in our lab and it works really well.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E