[wplug] computer use for the young

Jay wplug at caldron.com
Thu Jun 12 15:27:25 EDT 2003

> Are they using software produced by educational companies/institutions?
> Or something else?
>
> Maybe I'm having difficulty being imaginative here because most of my use of computers is text based and I know she can't read yet!

My daughter is 3.5 years.  She plays educational games by Disney on
CDROM.  They only work on Windows.  They also have a website--use google
and look up Disney PlayHouse, and Nick Jr. There are computer games at
the main Carnegie library and Carnegie Science Center. You may also want
to check google for RoboCup Junior.

I have read that computers do not help in child development.  However,
they sure seem to enjoy playing with them.

Jay