[wplug] Audio: Compression Utility?

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Thu Jun 12 14:10:09 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:36:22PM -0400, Russ Schneider wrote:
> I'm not talking about Ogg or MP3 type compression here, I'm talking
> about taking an audio file and compressing it, evening out the levels,
> preventing harsh spikes.

I don't know if it will do what you want, but I keep wanting to look
into a suite called 'mustajuuri'.  I first heard of it last summer, and
it's been on my 'gotta check it out sometime' since then.

http://www.tml.hut.fi/~tilmonen/mustajuuri/

> Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
> http://www.sugapablo.com

BTW, I downloaded the MP3s you referenced the other day.  Niiiice... I
have some more coding music now. ;-)

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws