[wplug] Continental Airlines doesn't like Linux users

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Jun 12 13:08:39 EDT 2003

Jason Sopko wrote:
> begin  Nathan Hanks, managing director at Continental Airlines, had
> some things to say about Linux:
>
> "All the guys hacking Windows are Linux guys."
>
> "Having one vendor throat to choke is helpful in crisis situations, an
> IT pro can't go to the CEO and say that a server is down and hopefully
> some guy in Amsterdam will get to a fix when he gets back from the
> dope house."
>
> The full story is here:

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/06/12/132234.shtml?tid=19

	Both IBM and H-P offer a "single throat to choke" on Linux boxen; as
stated, the author is a moron.  Perhaps that means Continental Airlines not
only runs Windoze, but also runs in on a bunch of home-grown systems with
SiS motherboards.  Think I'll take the train...

Don