[wplug] Distro survey

Robert E. Coutch recoutch at usaor.net
Tue Jun 10 11:22:35 EDT 2003

I'm 100% Microsoft free - sort of.

I run Linux on my own personal systems but equipment at work runs MS
products.
How does that count? Don't tell anyone but I'm MCSE certified. I make my
$$ fixing MS problems during the day and enjoying PC nirvana on my Linux
computers the rest of the time. Uhhhh, better not let Uncle Bill hear me
say that.

I use SuSE 8.2 at home and in a virtual machine on my company laptop
using Virtual PC.
I also run a Red Hat 7.2 server/workstation at work that "the man"
doesn't know about.
I keep a Knoppix CD on hand for emergencies.
My Zaurus PDA also runs Linux.
I have another machine at home running FreeBSD but I don't use it very
often.

My favorite distro is SuSE and I highly recommend it.
I do have the latest from Red Hat and Debian but I'm not using either at
this time.

The wife and kids won't break away from Win98 but the wife is
considering the switch to Linux because of the price of an XP upgrade.

-Bob