[wplug] eVote and updates from this keyboard

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Mon Jun 9 16:34:07 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I've got the 29 PCs in my office now. Progress looks good as to getting them
into a community center -- with a start-up (mainly) outside the scope of the
city. I hope to have a big blast in September and open house.

The Youth Technology Summit is on a slow burn too. Missed the General
Meeting on Saturday as there was a YOUTH Day at the Convention Center.

I'd still love to come to a meeting and present about the Linux lab were
establishing and advance our human networking capacity in these fronts.
Plus, the open source and Linux feel for the Youth Tech Summit we are trying
to instigate.

Finally, I'm putting on my eVote hat to go to this event at the end of next
week at CMU. Perhaps some others might find it interesting too?

    http://caae.phil.cmu.edu/style/Seminar.html

- -  -snip from Liz the project manager:

> The seminar, "Developing and Using Online Tools for Deliberative Democracy"
> at Carnegie Mellon University is slightly more than one week away. We now
> have a preliminary agenda on-line as well as a listing of brief bios and
> URLs for all attending. Please take a few moments to see who your
> colleagues will be. You can go to:
> http://caae.phil.cmu.edu/style/Seminar.html  for this information.
>
> The agenda, beyond the Friday morning opening session, will be determined
> in part by the kinds of topics that emerge from the some of the ideas
> listed below,  ideas that you can send beforehand, and ideas that are
> raised in the morning discussion. Remember that these ideas and topics
> should remain within the scope of the  seminar's area of interest.
> .
> Possible topics might include:
>
> 1. Techniques for Keeping Community Members Engaged,
> 2. Building user loyalty and ownership,
> 3. User Meta-data: Analyzing and Applying Statistics to Your community,
> 4. Moderator vs no moderator,
> 5. Non-verbal cues and telepresence,
> 6. Development Tools and Delivery Platforms,
> 7. The Digital Divide: Providing Power and Simplicity to all Users,
> 8. Speaker Identity Management,
> 9. Discussion Norms.
>
> If you have an idea for a topic, please send it to me by email by Friday,
> June 13 .
>
> All sessions will be held in Baker Hall.

Mark Rauterkus
mark at Rauterkus.com  http://Rauterkus.com
http://CLOH.Org   http://Sunnyhill.org    http://www.Deliberate.com

Pittsburgh Interfaith Impact Network's first 'Public Action' was Feb 20,
2003 at Wesley Center A.M.E.-Zion Church. Thanks for lending your power to
this effort and its Youth & Recreation Task Force. http://dorm.cloh.org

Instigator: Youth Technology Summit, http://Summit.CLOH.Org