[wplug] MySQL help?

Scott Bourns scott at scottbourns.com
Mon Jun 9 13:18:08 EDT 2003

Problem: I can log in from localhost, via telnet or terminal, and do
whatever I want to the tables I'm testing; but I can't access the MySQL
tables remotely and a simple PHP page with mysql_connect() returns:

Fatal error :  Call to undefined function:  mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/mysqltest.php on line 2

Here is my status from MySQL:

mysql> status;
--------------
mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.52, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

Connection id:          9
Current database:
Current user:           root at localhost
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Server version:         3.23.52
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Client characterset:    latin1
Server characterset:    latin1
UNIX socket:            /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 5 days 9 min 43 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 56  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 14  Flush tables: 1  Open
tables: 7 Queries per second avg: 0.000

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Scott