Digital Music mixing (was RE: [wplug] Distro survey)

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Mon Jun 9 08:12:13 EDT 2003

Vanco, Donald wrote:

> 	Both of these are great as software - but I only use the MixMan
> software because I have the DM2 interface - it really is awesome, and the
> price was unbeatable ($139 when I got it) although it's not the sturdiest
> piece of gear ever manufactured.  I can literally fire that thing up and
> start up a fully mixable/scratchable/distortable 16 track rave in 30
> seconds, even on a decent laptop.  It's da bomb, yo.

Never messed with that, but my friend introduced me to the piece of
hardware I currently use, the Yamaha RM1x Midi Sequencer/Remixer.  I
must say that I'm in love with it.  Not only do I compose at home with
it, I can use it "on the fly" live at local clubs.

Check out the live CD below for samples of what it can do.

To keep this thread in line with Linux, I usually record everything via
SoundStudio and the encode with oggenc or lame (r3mix). :)
--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)

Latest Single: http://candidate.zhrodague.net/Sugapablo-Waters.ogg

Latest CD (MP3):