[wplug] rh9 dvd

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Mon Jun 9 07:57:17 EDT 2003

Brian Medley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to create a bootable dvd from the
> three shrike isos?

Certainly possible with pretty much any distro - look over PXElinux and
mkisofs and this: http://tinyurl.com/dtxl

Be advised that if you want to make an installable DVD there's much to be
done beyond creating a bootable DVD.  You'll need to hunt down and look over
the docs that talk about rebuilding comps stuff (genhdlist, etc) - it's much
more complicated with RHL >7.3 as it went to XML format (from flat text).

I have been told that RH 8+ was available as a DVD ISO in Europe - but I've
never seen a mirror with it... but admittedly I have not looked for it that
hard...

Don