[wplug] ssh RSA/DSA authentication to foreign machine

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Jun 5 21:29:44 EDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> I tried the suggestions in http://bumblebee.lcs.mit.edu/ssh2/ and thus
> copied my dsa public key to my home directory on the CMU server, but to
> no avail:

I've fairly sure this is a side-effect of afs.
As far as I can guess, sshd only has system:anyuser access to your
homedirectory, so you can either give system:anyuser read access
(Undesirable), convince Andrew to somehow run sshd with an afs token
(Unlikely), or give up. You probably want to look at kerberos-enable
telnet.

-james