[wplug] VNC/X-Win32 alternative

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Thu Jun 5 19:04:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 05:47:07PM -0400, Brian Sammon wrote:
> > Until you can find me a machine that will do 200x80 characters (like
> > the xterm I'm typing in right now) in console mode, or a non-X,
>
> This is definitely possible in Linux.  The main stumbling point is that
> most of the documentation on how to do high-res console text modes is
> quite bad.

Doh!  I forgot about framebuffer console.  Can't a guy have a grumpy
old man rant in peace? ;-)

> If I can find a few hours of free time, I could turn this into an official
> WPLUG meeting topic...  If there's interest...

Hmm... I've been meaning to get to one of these for a while.  Just as
an informal show of hands, would anyone be interested in a WPLUG
meeting on the technology behind 802.11b WLANs?

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws