[wplug] Novell Netware Attach script question

Jonathan Colby jcolby at ascc-inc.com
Thu Jun 5 12:54:55 EDT 2003

I have a Linux workstation with NCP ultilities successfully installed, and I
can "log-in" from that machine to a NetWare 4.11 server in bindery emulation
mode using:

# ncpmount -S {server} -U {username} -P {password} /{mountpoint}

I have even created a text script and used chmod to make it "executable" to
automate that task (with essentially that line as the script substituting
real server name, user name, password and mountpoint).  My question is this,
does anyone know how I can modify that script (or make a new one) that will
allow the username and password to be interactive instead of just 'coded
in'?  I have a number of linux machines that I want to create a 'guest'
local account, and then log into the Novell network using any number of
logins, or machines.  If I can make it interactive, that solves a huge
security issue for me!  Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated!

Jonathan