[wplug] OT: but only by a little

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 18:38:56 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 15:06, Teodorski, Chris wrote:
> So, I'm going on vacation soon......and I'm planning on spending my days chillin' with some beer and a few good books......
>
> Can anyone suggest a good book (or books) about the Open Source movement......preferably something you have read.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

O'Reilly as a couple:

The Cathedral and the Bazaar
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cb/
  (online copy at:
   http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/)

Free As In Freedom
   http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/index.html

Open Sources:
   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/toc.html

Also, you can find these on Amazon:
  Rebel Code: Linux and the Open Source Revolution
  Just for Fun: The Story of an Accidental Revolutionary

These are all more about Free Software and Open Source as a "movement"
or phenomenon.  There are other books available about the process of
developing open source software.  I believe James has one, but I can't
remember the name of it.

--
  jaaron    <http://jadetower.org>