[wplug] RPM problems in redhat 8

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Jun 2 16:46:06 EDT 2003

I think this is a better, cleaner, more fuel-efficient solution:

/usr/bin/db_recover -v -h /var/lib/rpm

As best as I can guess, when you Ctrl-C rpm, it sometimes doesn't close
the database properly. It's been at least 6 months since I've read the
berkeleydb docs, but I seem to remember that the database is inaccessable
if it needs a recover run. I've never tried the rm __db.* route, so I
don't know if that's better. There are 16 Berkeley DB files in that
directory, so maybe you were hitting a different one each time you 'snag'?

-james