[wplug] RPM problems in redhat 8

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Mon Jun 2 08:53:53 EDT 2003

John Strange wrote:
> Hey Gang,
>
> Did anyone find a fix for redhat 8 where the rpm database just hangs
> and munches itself.  I have a machine at home that loves to munch
> it's own rpm db and I have to kill -9 the rpm command, delete the
> ___db* files and --rebuilddb to get it to work again.
>
> I've found the bug in bugzilla but it's a huge mess of no that did not
> fix it, nope nope nope and nope..
>
> I'm hoping here someone who has fixed it themselves could give me a
> hand.

	From what I thought I read, deleting and rebuilding the database was
supposed to fix things.  A quick combing of my RH emails shows that pretty
much everyone complaining about the "munching" got it resoled with "rm -f
/var/lib/rpm/__db*" and rebuilding the db....  perhaps you've got something
worse going on.  Are you fully updated?
	I've got an 8 box here - is there something I might try to
duplicate?

Don