[wplug] Making a RedHat 9 bootdisk

Ed Stewart stewart at mail.bedog1.net
Sun Jun 1 13:47:23 EDT 2003

Vanco, Donald wrote:

>Ed Stewart wrote:
>

>>Hi, I updated the kernel on this dual boot machine RedHat 9 and
>>windows 98 and windows did the normal and quit. How do I create a new
>>boot disk for RedHat 9 so I can boot the new kernel instead of the
>>old one that came with the install. the os's are on seperate hard
>>drives with the mbr on the windows drive. Thanks for any help, Ed
>>

>mkbootdisk, among others...
>[root at DL320 root]# mkbootdisk
>usage: mkbootdisk [--version] [--noprompt] [--mkinitrdargs <args>]
>       [--device <devicefile>] [--verbose -v] [--iso]
>       [--kernelargs <args>] <kernel>
>       (ex: mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd1 2.0.31)
>
>Don

Thanks Don. I did a google search before posting my question and found
just what you told me but the results are the same,here is what I get

[root at localhost stewart]# mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd1 2.4.20-0
bash: mkbootdisk: command not found
[root at localhost stewart]#

Got any idea what's wrong? Ed

--
This email composed using RedHat Linux 9.0
Linux: Limited only by your imagination and your ability to learn.