[wplug] RedHat RPM Questions.

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Wed Jul 30 20:48:27 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 20:40, William Powell wrote:
> Does Redhat (8) have a tool that will attempt to locate and install all
> dependencies that need to be resolved?  This would be something similar
> to the apt-get for Debian or urpmi for mandrake.

Red Hat, strangely enough, do not use any such tool. You could use apt4rpm
http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/

<snip>
> trouble just getting X to run on this laptop so I am not sure I want to
> upgrade the OS version any further.  Gnome take about 4 minutes to load.

Upgrading to Red Hat 9 wouldn't buy you anything. Might I suggest using a less
memory/CPU demanding window manager than Gnome? (let's not start a 200-post
thread on which window manager is best - the list archives have abundant
information)

-A
--
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/pub_key.asc
3DAD 8435 DB52 F17B 640F  D78C 8260 0CC1 0B75 8265