[wplug] wireless drama

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 18:52:19 EDT 2003

Ok, after much gnashing of teeth and tearing of robes, I got the admtek
drivers for my SMC2602w working- sorta.  I can see the interface finally
(eth1).  I can even run ifup, and it grabs an ip address from my router.
It even picked up the correct ESSID from my router so I know it's talking
to the router.  However, I can't ping anything.  I can't seem to get any
traffic *through* the card at all.

ifconfig tells me that I've RX'd 3835 packets, and TX'd 244 packets, with
no errors drops or overruns- even after having unsuccessfully attempting
to ping both google.com and an ip address on my local network.

Any theories?

Thanks a bunch gang,
Bryon