[wplug] PCI or USB Wireless card recommendations?

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 19:53:42 EDT 2003

I've just set up a new machine.  I did the cd-to-hard-disk install from a
Knoppix cd, and it's beautiful :)

Now I want to move it to the basement and not run cables all the way
downstairs.  I want to find a wireless PCI adapter that will, to the
greatest extent possible, "Just Work"(TM).  I've got a pcmcia card for my
redhat laptop that works just fine, but the first PCI wireless nic I tried
(SMC2602W) is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth to get
working.

So mainly I'm looking for a recommendation- has anyone got a good card to
recommend?  A usb adapter would be fine too.  I'm running a 2.4.20 kernel
as of now.

Bryguy

ps- as an aside, does Knoppix (and by extension perhaps, debian) have an
analog to redhat's Kudzu utility for hardware detection and configuration?