[wplug] Clock problems

Mike Procario lists at procario.org
Mon Jul 28 22:22:27 EDT 2003

I have written before about clock problems and I just seem to attract them. I
have an old machine K6 233 MHz which seems to have lost the ability the change
the day. It has been stuck on July 13 since July 13. I have shut it down until
I can open it up and change the battery.

I also have a newer system about a year old. It has kept time find since I got
it, but now the system clock is losing time. It seems to have started acting
up sometime after I went to RedHat 9.0.

The hardware clock looks fine. I just checked it with

/sbin/hwclock

It was within a few seconds of my atomic clock synched watch.

I was under the impression that the system clock got reset a each boot to the
hwclock time. Today it was about 5 hours behind shortly after I booted. I
used

/sbin/hwclock --hctosys

to reset the time and it did reset it to the correct time. Anybody know where
in the init scripts the time gets set?

Mike