[wplug] Linux/unix server monitoring tools

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Jul 27 23:26:02 EDT 2003

John Harrold <jmh17 at pitt.edu> wrote:

> thing for nagios? or alternatively, does anyone know of something easier to
> use which will give me info like uptime, and current system load?

A search for rstatd and rup indicates that these are available for Linux,
but I don't know much good or bad about them.  They're common in the Sun
world, and maybe other Unices.

KDE System Guard (ksysguard) also might do what you want.  The docs say
you can run the daemon on systems that don't have KDE installed.

The /proc filesystem would seem to make writing your own hack pretty
easy, so I imagine there are a bunch floating out there as well.