[wplug] two mice at once

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 21 16:01:29 EDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, John Harrold wrote:
<snip>
> i see. well i think for him it's an os thing. i mean they both function
> fine at the same time in windows. i think it's just a configuration thing.
> i'm not sure how to specifiy two pointers in the XF86Config file.

I remember reading somewhere that USB mice have some sort of "generic"
support by XFree 4.x. Anyway, after an installation with no external mice
connected, the following configuration section is all it takes to have
both the USB mouse and the built-in trackball operational on a T23:
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/linux/howto.html#3.3.1

Tried on Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0.

-A