[wplug] two mice at once

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Mon Jul 21 15:45:57 EDT 2003

John Harrold wrote:
> Sometime in July Vanco, Donald assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>
>> On my laptops it's a hardware (and not OS) thing - but I've never
>> tried it with the touchpad/local mouse and a USB add-in - the
>> add-ins I have are all PS/2...
>
> so for you the usb mouse plugs into the external ps/2 port (with an
> adaptor) and overrides the internal ps/2 touchpad? i think it's
> software for my friend. they both work in xp.
No - I meant that I've never tried it with USB mice at all - but certainly a
USB-to-PS/2 adapter would seem to resolve any issues (provided, of course,
there are no issue _now_ with that being functional).  Some laptops just
don't like having both devices tweaked at once - I don't know that the OS
has any power over the hardware (or vice-versa).

Don