[wplug] Samba configuration question

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Jul 16 22:24:10 EDT 2003

I think you had the right file to edit, check the man page for smbmnt, it
says that if you want normal users to be able to mount smb shares, it
needs to be setuid (chmod u+s /usr/bin/smbmnt).

If I remember right from when I tried to have password protected smb
shares mounted on a longtime, the smb connection would break, and the
linux side tools no longer had the password to reestablish the connection
leaving you with a mountpoint that couldn't be unmounted or remounted.
Very annoying. Around this same time (3 years ago maybe?), they had said
the newer version of samba fixed this problem, but when I tested it didn't
seem to work.

-james