[wplug] ISA/PC Card Bridge installation

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Jul 16 09:53:08 EDT 2003

> 	If it's a Red Hat box - stick it in and see what happens / run kudzu
> (you didn't mention if it's P-n-P capable ISA) other than that, you may have
> to fall back to old ISA tools to get the info for any required modules...
> pnpdump and isapnp (I think - it's been a long time...)

C'mon Don, ya know that was the very first thing I did! ;)

Turns out, the card is i82365sl compatible and thus supported by
pcmcia-cs.  I went thru the pcmcia how-to again to see if I missed
something and I had.  I never turned it on! :)  Turns out that pcmcia
support installations on Redhat systems, default to disabled. I turned
it on and now the card is recognized in dmesg.

I still cant get my pc card to work but I haven't really begun to
troubleshoot that yet.  Its a pretty new card that I am testing with so
it might not even be supported yet.  Or it could just be a config
problem; I've never had much luck with wireless cards on linux.

-b