[wplug] Personal mail from sendmail or smtp?

mike.h mike.h at stemik.com
Tue Jul 15 11:19:16 EDT 2003

Unless you want the joy of maintaining your own mail server and have the
necessary prerequisites (Linux + Sendmail + static IP + domain name + time
and knowhow for administration), I'd use the isp's smtp server.

Of course, if learning is your goal, running your own mail server can be
educational.

I use sendmail as my mail server for both incoming and outgoing mail, and
most often send and receive mail using a smtp/pop3 client (Outlook-not
express from Win2K or Evolution from RH).

-mike.h