[wplug] wireless network on RedHat 8

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 15 06:39:38 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 00:34, James O'Kane wrote:
<snip>
> A question for the group in general, is there a difference between running
> /sbin/dhclient and /sbin/ifup? I always use the latter, but I've seen the
> former suggested a few times recently.

ifup is a wrapper that does whatever the distribution packagers believe has to
be done to bring up an interface, be that static routes, netmask
configuration, device parameters.

dhclient/dhcpcd just request an IP from the nearest DHCP server.

-A
--
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/pub_key.asc
3DAD 8435 DB52 F17B 640F  D78C 8260 0CC1 0B75 8265