[wplug] wireless network on RedHat 8

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Jul 15 00:34:13 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Melissa B said:

> Thanks so much for the help!  I entered the network name but when I run
> DHCP, I get a message saying '/sbin/dhclient-script: configuration for
> eth0 not found'.  Nothing will send or receive, though it keeps trying
> DHCPDISCOVER.

I thought you said at the installfest you weren't running a DHCP server at
home? I can't remember exactly. If that is the case, add these (with the
right IP addresses) to /etc/sysconfig/netowrk-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
IPADDR=192.168.1.150
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

A question for the group in general, is there a difference between running
/sbin/dhclient and /sbin/ifup? I always use the latter, but I've seen the
former suggested a few times recently.

-james