[wplug] Personal mail from sendmail or smtp?

Keir Josephson kjoseph at stargate.net
Mon Jul 14 20:56:50 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Sal Mangiapane wrote:

> Tim is right (this could be the case) then whoever is hosting mail.domainname.com is blocking the traffic and not the ISP.  Does
> this make sense?  Or maybe a better question, was your X-isp also your hosting company?
>
> Sometimes, I'm amazed that the internet even works.  There are so many variables and different ways to configure things.  How can it
> everything work together?
>
> sal

If I'm not mistaken, most ISP's only allow IP addresses on their network
send mail through their mail servers. If your trying to use a mail server
with an ISP that's different than the one your connected to, you might try
using the smtp server of the ISP you connect through, and use the mail
server you actually want to get mail from as your inbound mail server.

-Keir